Linear Collider Forum

Home » Software Tools » org.lcsim » errors during JAS install
errors during JAS install [message #1519] Tue, 24 June 2008 07:48 Go to next message
manly
I have a summer student named Sven Hauksson trying to get lcsim software/JAS3 up and running on a MACBook. The problems/status/error messages we are encountering are summarized below. Any help is appreciated. -Steve

Have successfully downloaded GeomConverter and lcsim to the MACBook. Both build with maven, though lcsim requires that we build using "maven -Dmaven.test.skip=true" because of some errors that come up during testing. (I had the same problem on a Windows XP machine earlier in the week.)

Anyway, when installing JAS3 with
maven, from the directory he has lcsim in, using the command:

/users/sven/De*/maven-1.0.2/bin/maven jas:install

he get the errors:

TEST org.lcsim.StdhepFilterTest FAILED
Running org.lcsim.TestFastMC
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 73.973 sec
TEST org.lcsim.TestFastMC FAILED
Running org.lcsim.TestFastMCGenerator
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 67.502 sec
TEST org.lcsim.TestFastMCGenerator FAILED
[junit] Running org.lcsim.util.aida.AIDATest

BUILD FAILED

However JAS3 will successfully build (supposedly) if he uses the command:

/users/sven/De*/maven-1.0.2/bin/maven jas:install -Dmaven.test.skip=true

After all this trivialPFA compiles but will not run. He can run all the java examples,
but all of the org.lcsim examples return the same error as TrivialPFA.

He says:

The error when I try to run TrvialPFA or any of the org.lcsim is: "Error
running (name of file)".

ex. for Trvial PFA I get:

"Error running
TrivialPFA". Then when I click on details I get a long list of problems,
which I don't know how to shorten.

For example for Trivial PFA I get:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: Analysis101.main([Ljava.lang.String;)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1581)
at
org.freehep.jas.extension.compiler.JASClassManager.run(JASCl assManager.java:223)
at
org.freehep.jas.extension.compiler.CompilerPlugin.run(Compil erPlugin.java:136)
at
org.freehep.jas.extension.compiler.CompilerPlugin.access$200 (CompilerPlugin.java:45)
at
org.freehep.jas.extension.compiler.CompilerPlugin$Commands.o nRun(CompilerPlugin.java:477)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce ssorImpl.java:39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe thodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at
org.freehep.util.commanddispatcher.CommandProcessor.invoke(C ommandProcessor.java:125)
at
org.freehep.util.commanddispatcher.CommandProcessor.invokeCo mmand(CommandProcessor.java:162)
at
org.freehep.util.commanddispatcher.CommandProcessor$SimpleTa rget.doCommand(CommandProcessor.java:290)
at
org.freehep.util.commanddispatcher.CommandProcessor.invokeCo mmand(CommandProcessor.java:136)
at
org.freehep.util.commanddispatcher.CommandProcessor$SimpleTa rget.invoke(CommandProcessor.java:326)
at
org.freehep.util.commanddispatcher.MultiTarget.invoke(MultiT arget.java:72)
at
org.freehep.util.commanddispatcher.CommandSourceAdapter.acti onPerformed(CommandSourceAdapter.java:89)
at
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButto n.java:1882)
at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractB utton.java:2202)
at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultBu ttonModel.java:420)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel .java:258)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:334)
at apple.laf.ScreenMenuItem.actionPerformed(ScreenMenuItem.java :104)
at java.awt.MenuItem.processActionEvent(MenuItem.java:597)
at java.awt.MenuItem.processEvent(MenuItem.java:556)
at java.awt.MenuComponent.dispatchEventImpl(MenuComponent.java: 298)
at java.awt.MenuComponent.dispatchEvent(MenuComponent.java:286)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:466)
at
org.freehep.jas.util.waitcursor.WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatc hEvent(WaitCursorEventQueue.java:47)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventD ispatchThread.java:269)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDis patchThread.java:190)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread. java:184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread. java:176)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:11 0)

I'll follow up later with the error he gets trying to run these routines ... I don't have it with me at the moment. In th
Re: errors during JAS install [message #1520 is a reply to message #1519] Tue, 24 June 2008 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tonyj

HI Steve, the main problem you are having is trying to "Run" the trivial PFA. The "Run" menu item is used to run routines which have a main method, which trivial PFA does not.

Instead you must open a dataset, then using the "Loop" menu and select "Go" to feed events to the trivial PFA.

If you can also post the errors you are getting from the tests that would be useful.

Tony
Re: errors during JAS install [message #1522 is a reply to message #1520] Tue, 24 June 2008 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manly
Oops ... my bad. When I say "run" TrivialPFA, I mean that we open an sid01 lcio file and go 1 after compiling and loading TrivialPFA. We'll see if we can get the errors for the tests posted. Thanks, Steve
Re: errors during JAS install [message #1524 is a reply to message #1522] Tue, 24 June 2008 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tonyj

Hi Steve, the traceback you posted in the first message in this thread was clearly caused by executing the "Run" menu command, as evidenced by this line:

Quote:

org.freehep.jas.extension.compiler.CompilerPlugin.run(Compil erPlugin.java:136)

So if you get a different error when you try "Go" you will need to post that too.

Tony
Re: errors during JAS install [message #1525 is a reply to message #1524] Tue, 24 June 2008 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manly
Hmmm. Okay. We'll do that. I know we got a similar crash just doing the go 1.

Also, how do we get the maven build to give us more verbose logging for the TEST errors?

Thanks,
Steve
Re: errors during JAS install [message #1526 is a reply to message #1525] Tue, 24 June 2008 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tonyj

manly wrote on Tue, 24 June 2008 10:59

Also, how do we get the maven build to give us more verbose logging for the TEST errors?

I think maven creates a file for each test, with the full verbose output, probably somewhere underneath the target subdirectory.

Tony
Re: errors during JAS install [message #1527 is a reply to message #1520] Tue, 24 June 2008 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manly
Here is the error message we get from the "go 1":

"Loop terminated due to error" and it gives the details:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown event component EcalBarrHits
at hep.physics.event.BaseEvent.get(BaseEvent.java:48)
at org.lcsim.event.base.BaseLCSimEvent.get(BaseLCSimEvent.java: 97)
at
org.lcsim.util.hitmap.HitListToHitMapDriver.process(HitListT oHitMapDriver.java:32)
at org.lcsim.util.Driver.doProcess(Driver.java:273)
at org.lcsim.util.Driver.processChildren(Driver.java:284)
at org.lcsim.util.Driver.process(Driver.java:198)
at org.lcsim.util.DriverAdapter.recordSupplied(DriverAdapter.ja va:74)
at
org.freehep.jas.extensions.recordloop.MyChain.recordSupplied (MyChain.java:55)
at
org.freehep.jas.extensions.recordloop.InteractiveRecordLoop. supplyRecord(InteractiveRecordLoop.java:533)
at
org.freehep.jas.extensions.recordloop.RecordLoopManager.run( RecordLoopManager.java:66)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
Re: errors during JAS install [message #1528 is a reply to message #1519] Tue, 24 June 2008 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cassell
The only thing I can think of is maybe the the slcio file was obtained without using binary format?? In any case, you can check the file by doing a go 1 without loading anything, and displaying the lcsim event browser. You should be able to see the collections in the event, and EcalBarrHits should certainly exist.
Re: errors during JAS install [message #1529 is a reply to message #1528] Tue, 24 June 2008 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tonyj

If the file was corrupted (for example transfered without binary) it would be unlikely to be readable at all.

I guess one question, what is the file that you are reading?

Tony
Re: errors during JAS install [message #1530 is a reply to message #1528] Tue, 24 June 2008 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmitry Onoprienko
cassell wrote on Tue, 24 June 2008 11:43

...and EcalBarrHits should certainly exist.

Unless it's a single particle file and the particle in the first event went into the endcap ?
Re: errors during JAS install [message #1531 is a reply to message #1528] Tue, 24 June 2008 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manly
No, I don't think this is the problem. When we run JAS3 without loading anything we can go 1 and see an event in the Wired4 window and in the LCSIM browser.

We are reading events from

pythiaZPoleuds-0-1000_SLIC-v2r4p2_geant4-v9r1p0_LCPhys_sid01 _polyhedra.slcio
Re: errors during JAS install [message #1532 is a reply to message #1531] Tue, 24 June 2008 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmitry Onoprienko
In that file, the collection of ECAL barrel hits is called "EMBarrelHits", not "EcalBarrHits" - hence the error.

Changing the collection name will probably make the code run, but I think most existing PFA tools are not usable with polihedra geometry anyway. Unless you are specifically interested in sid01_polyhedra, I would recommend trying to use sid01 data.
Re: errors during JAS install [message #1533 is a reply to message #1519] Tue, 24 June 2008 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cassell
That explains it. The dataset you are using has different collection names, i.e. EcalBarrHits is actually EMBarrelHits. Most of our software has hardwired collection names, so if you want to run a canned program (TrivialPFA) you will need to use a more standard data set. (sid01 detector, qq100 events for example)
Re: errors during JAS install [message #1534 is a reply to message #1533] Tue, 24 June 2008 13:15 Go to previous message
manly
Okay. We'll download an sld01 data set and try that. we just picked the set thinking it was a standard sld01 set ... but sld01_polyhedra is different. sigh. Thanks
Previous Topic:java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
Next Topic:Proxy settings
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Sat Feb 22 05:32:06 Pacific Standard Time 2020
.:: Contact :: Home ::.