Linear Collider Forum

Home » ILCDirac » Applications » Changing detector geometry in ILCDirac
Changing detector geometry in ILCDirac [message #2319] Fri, 22 August 2014 08:44 Go to next message
mgaughran
Dear all,

When attempting to use custom detector geometry for the SiD Sim-Reco chain, there are two instances of lcsim being used. The first one accesses the detector geometry as required, using the alias.properties file, and produces valid data. The final step in the chain uses lcsim to produce the DST file, but this time is unable to access the zip file containing the detector geometry.

If I include the zip file (brought in through the input sandbox) in the output sandbox, Dirac is unable to find it for some reason. It is as though the zip file is removed after one of the earlier stages, although I see no instance of this in the code. This problem can be reproduced using Christian Grefe's code, found here.

The fact that the first instance of lcsim works suggests that I have input the correct files, and there is simply a certain option that I am missing that prevents the removal of the detector geometry zip file. Is there either a way to ensure the persistence of this zip file, or prevent the second lcsim run from requiring the detector geometry (as it isn't necessary outside Dirac)?

Thanks,
Martin Gaughran
Re: Changing detector geometry in ILCDirac [message #2320 is a reply to message #2319] Mon, 25 August 2014 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jfstrube
This sounds like a bug to me. You can report bugs using the "Report a problem" tab at ilcdirac.cern.ch
If you do, please post the bug reference url here, so people don't have to answer twice.
Also mention that you posted to the forum in the bug report.
Re: Changing detector geometry in ILCDirac [message #2321 is a reply to message #2320] Tue, 26 August 2014 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sailer
Hi Martin, Jan,

We contacted Martin via e-mail yesterday with a possible workaround for this problem:
Instead of providing the detector.zip file we asked him to try to give a web-url with the detector.zip file in the alias.properties so then lcsim would obtain the file from the web. This is also how we do it for the production jobs.

And I will create a jira ticket to investigate the reason why the zip file disappears.

Cheers,
Andre
Re: Changing detector geometry in ILCDirac [message #2322 is a reply to message #2321] Wed, 27 August 2014 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mgaughran
Dear all,

Sorry for having replied so late, this is the first day working since Friday. It turns out that slicPandora is in fact responsible for deleting the zip file in the chain. I would imagine that linking lcsim to the zip file on the web would still sort out the problem, as it would download it from the web each time it ran, and separately use the local zip file for slicPandora. Would you know of any easy way to link to an LFN from an alias.properties? It would be simpler than having to sort out a separate web location.

Thanks,
Martin Gaughran
Re: Changing detector geometry in ILCDirac [message #2323 is a reply to message #2322] Wed, 27 August 2014 04:23 Go to previous message
jfstrube
It's unfortunately not possible to use an LFN in lcsim.org.

The easiest would be to use your CERN account and enable web hosting.
cern.ch/account
->services
->web services

You could try to use zip files with different names, but I don't know if naming conventions are enforced.
Previous Topic:policy for ilcsoft updates in ilcdirac
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Fri Oct 19 10:14:17 Pacific Daylight Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.