Linear Collider Forum

Today's Messages (off)  | Unanswered Messages (on)

Forum: ILC Detector Roadmap
 Topic: Instructions for registering and using forum.linearcollider.org
Instructions for registering and using forum.linearcollider.org [message #878] Sun, 27 May 2007 16:04
tonyj

I have written up some additional instructions on how to register with and use the forum.linearcollider.org web site. You can find these instructions at:

http://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/x/d4Q

These instructions are meant to complement the help built-in to the forum web site.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 June 2007 00:16]

Topic: Two and only two EDRs?
Two and only two EDRs? [message #874] Thu, 24 May 2007 06:16
yhitoshi
Dear all,

There seem to be two arguments about the number of EDRs to write for 2010. One argues for two and only two EDRs, while the other allows more to come. Two and only two is simpler, and whoever is already one the two may feel more secure and also thus easier to get funding. On the other hand, it may discourage more people to join with possibly a better idea. The resources are limitted, but it may be possible that at some later time, a chunk of human and financial resources are released from other experiments that a group with enough capability to write an EDR may emerge. Thus, I believe that it is a bit premature to limit the number of EDR to two and only two from now to the realization of ILC. We can aim for two EDR for 2010 for now, but we can allow for more to come.

Best

- Hitoshi
 Topic: Charater of Research Director
Charater of Research Director [message #872] Thu, 24 May 2007 06:06
yhitoshi
Dear all,

I would like to express my opinion about the character of the Research Director.
Since this is a single person who works nearly full time on this task, it may seem
that this peson will have a huge power to shape the organization the detector/physics community. To some extent, it may be true, but there are already 'horizontal' collaborations such as LCTPC, CALICE, SiLC etc., and it would not be a good idea to dismantle these organization. So there will be limit to how much the
R&D organization can be changed even though I think the horizontal efforts need to be reinforced rather than discouraged for the near future through the formation of proto-collaborations. Also, there are already concepts now, and then LOI and associated proto-collaborations, and Research Director should deal with them as they are. So, the role of Research Director is a highly-diplamatic facilitator, even through he/she can be a strong leader as such.

Best

- Hitoshi
 Topic: document summarizing the preliminary views of the WWS co-chairs on a possible roadmap for detectors
document summarizing the preliminary views of the WWS co-chairs on a possible roadmap for detectors [message #867] Tue, 22 May 2007 12:45
jimbrau
No Message Body

Current Time: Tue Nov 20 15:23:01 Pacific Standard Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.