Linear Collider Forum

Home » General » General Questions » 2 things: thread links in mails and email address
Re: 2 things: thread links in mails and email address [message #1102 is a reply to message #1094] Wed, 12 September 2007 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
tonyj

ralf wrote on Wed, 12 September 2007 02:05

Hello,

I noticed that the notification mails I get when I subscribe to a topic or subforum contain the wrong link to the thread.
I mean this line: "To participate in the discussion, go here: http://forum.linearcollider.org/index.php?t=rview&th=39". This does not lead to the thread quoted in the mail but to a different one.

Hi, I have not exactly seen this myself, but we have noticed a sudden increase in spam in the last couple of weeks. We typically delete this right away, which may lead to notifications which point to postings which have already been deleted, which perhaps explains this phenomenon.

Currently the sign up for new accounts is completely automated, I think we will have to switch to requiring a moderator to approve all new accounts, which will slow down registration but which should get rid of the spam.

Quote:

The second thing I noticed when trying to write a mail regarding this to the email address "forum@linearcollider.org" using the mailto-link at the bottom of the page: I got back a notification the the recipient doesn't exist.

Yes, thanks for reminding me about this, the forum@linearcollider.org e-mail got broken when the linearcollider.org domain was taken over by the GDE folks, I have been meaning to get it fixed.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:sid01 vs sid02
Next Topic:Detector Specifications
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jan 23 23:37:09 Pacific Standard Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.