Linear Collider Forum

Home » Software Tools » org.lcsim » Reconstructing Events
Reconstructing Events [message #1104] Thu, 13 September 2007 20:35 Go to previous message
bjasper
I am but a lowly grad student trying to reconstruct some events using LCsim in JAS3 Smile

I'm producing events that have two tau jets plus some SUSY particles. Eventually, I want to be able to reconstruct the effective mass of the two jets + missing energy (from SUSY particles, neutrinos, etc.).

For the sake of learning how to use LCsim, I thought I'd try to fool around with some of the drivers included. For example, MCFastReconstructedParticleDriver (org.lcsim.mc.fast.reconstructedparticle.MCFastReconstructed ParticleDriver). Can anyone explain to me how I run this? I've tried going through the tutorials ("Creating a Driver using JAS3") and modifying them to use the packages that I want but I've had very little success. It likely has something to do with my lack of java knowledge...

If anybody could point me in the right direction for how to use something like "MCFastReconstructedParticleDriver", "RecoDriver", etc. to get information that I'll need (jet energy, stuff like that), I would be forever grateful.

Cheers,
Blair

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Two naive questions for using Driver
Next Topic:How to find jet vertex in lcsim ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 21 07:37:12 Pacific Daylight Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.