Linear Collider Forum

Home » Software Tools » LCIO » How to merge two LCIO events
Re: How to merge two LCIO events [message #1134 is a reply to message #1047] Sun, 23 September 2007 21:49 Go to previous message
antonio.bulgheroni

Dear all,
I was looking for a smart way of merging the content of LCEvent coming from different files, when I found this post.

I had a look and install the Overlay Marlin package, but I don't think it fulfills may needs.

What I would like to do is in the following:

1. During a test beam effort, it is very luckily that the tracking hodoscope (our EUDET-JRA1 telescope) is saving its output into a LCIO file, while the Device Under Test is steered by its own DAQ and it is saving its output into another file.
  2. At a certain point we need to "overlay" the two files (say that are both LCIO) but in a very precise way keeping the run number and the event number perfectly synchronized.
  3. Moreover, the merged event should contain all the collections available in the two input files.

Is it possible to do something like that? I have the impression that Overlay is not the right tool to do it, but can it be tailored? Should we write something from scratch?

Thanks for your help !!!

Antonio

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:patch release v01-08-04
Next Topic:lcio for whizard
Goto Forum: