Linear Collider Forum

Home » Analysis and Reconstruction » Analysis Tools » question on The Students' Getting Started Guide
Re: question on The Students' Getting Started Guide [message #1194 is a reply to message #1193] Sat, 13 October 2007 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jfstrube
Hi Andrei,

unfortunately I have neither Netbeans nor WinXP to try, so I am not sure about the Save As..., but it strikes me as odd that an IDE shouldn't have that in its "File" menu.

There seems still to be some confusion. Of course you can't compile a .class file - it is already compiled. I'm glad that Netbeans can compile the file for you, but maybe the instructions were misleading. Netbeans is used only for editing the code. Please load Analysis104.java into JAS3. Then you can compile the code, and you will see it in it's own editor window inside JAS3.
Whenever you edit and save the file in Netbeans, JAS3 will notice that the file has changed and ask you to reload.

Note also that the guide is primarily to avoid having to install maven and mevenide. If you only do your analysis inside JAS3 and never have to rebuild org.lcsim, then this is for you.
If you have Mevenide working already, then maybe the link under "Further reading" on the bottom of the page is more helpful. It sets up a new project for you without you having to find .jar files at the cost of having to install maven and mevenide.

Anyways, it looks like you are on the right track. Loading the .class file into JAS3 should give you the right results, but you probably want to load the .java file instead.

Apologies for the confusion. I will try to update the page to be more precise.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:bug in FastMC in org.lcsim
Next Topic:how to get VtxBarrHits for a particle?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Nov 15 00:51:40 Pacific Standard Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.