Linear Collider Forum

Home » Analysis and Reconstruction » Analysis Tools » how to get VtxBarrHits for a particle?
Re: how to get VtxBarrHits for a particle? [message #1199 is a reply to message #1196] Sat, 13 October 2007 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
kutschke

Hi Andrei,

There are several options that I am aware of. As usual, several options is a bad sign...

Lots of people have "tracking cheaters" that do something like you ask. I have used one of these and it did not work properly. I don't know the status of the other codes.

There is a new development. Dima has his virtual segmentation package and Hans has a "cheater" that runs on top of it. These were described at the meeting last Tuesday and I think I recall that you were listening.

Tim Nelson also recently released some code but I have not yet
had a chance to look at it.

Below is what I am doing with Dima's and Han's stuff. Be aware that all of Dima's, Hans' and my code is in the middle of rapid development and may change three times before breakfast. Once it settles down, we will release a stable example.

First. I usually run in "batch" mode, not within jas3. ( Here batch just means that I run from the command line. ) So example is set up to run that way. For details of "batch" mode, see:
http://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/display/ilc/Running+JAS+ Programs+in+Batch+Mode

My code is in:
sandbox/RobKutschke/HitTests/v1

These are derived from examples provided by Hans and Dima.
You are getting a snapshot in the middle of my learning what information is available.

You will need to edit the main program, Hitloop.java,
to specify an input file. This code has been checked on
sid00 and sid01 - I don't know how it will behave on other
detectors.

My code works on a version of org.lcsim that was checked out
on October 6. Yesterday Dima committed some changes. He sent email saying that I need to make the following changes to use the most recent release:

> you only need to replace DigitizationDriver by
> SimToDigiDriver in your code.

I have not yet tried this.

Good luck. Let me know how well this works.

Rob

Rob Kutschke Computing Division, MS#234
kutschke@fnal.gov Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
Phone: (630) 840-5645 P.O. Box 500
Fax: (630) 840-2783 Batavia, IL 60510
http://home.fnal.gov/~kutschke/

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message