Linear Collider Forum

Home » Software Tools » org.lcsim » SpacePoint, SpaceVector etc
Re: SpacePoint, SpaceVector etc [message #1256 is a reply to message #1243] Mon, 05 November 2007 10:05 Go to previous message
tonyj

Hi Rob, I don't think that in general one should use Space* in preference to Hep3Vector etc. In general I would say that one should use:

hep.physics.vec.Hep3Vector (or its implementation BasicHep3Vector)

whenever one is referring to anything other than a point in space (e.g. momentum, fields, etc), and perhaps

org.lcsim.spacegeom.SpacePoint

(which implements Hep3Vector) when one is referring to a point in space. My personal opinion is that all other Space* classes should be restricted to use inside TRF only (although I am willing to listen to counter arguments).

To try to make things clearer (but in fact doing the opposite) I started to move SpacePoint to hep.physics.vec so we could recommend using only hep.physics.vec classes. In doing so I found several problems with the current incarnation of the class, which are documented in the source code here:

http://java.freehep.org/svn/showfile.svn?path=%2ffreehep%2ft runk%2fhep%2ffreehep-physics%2fsrc%2fmain%2fjava%2fhep%2fphy sics%2fvec%2fSpacePoint.java&revision=HEAD&name=free hep

The problems are not yet fixed. The same issues may exist with other versions of SpacePoint.

Tony

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Bug in AIDA.SaveaAsZip
Next Topic:Units for material properties
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 22 19:05:32 Pacific Daylight Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.