Linear Collider Forum

Home » Analysis and Reconstruction » Reconstruction » Problem installing Marlin 0.9.9
Problem installing Marlin 0.9.9 [message #1261] Tue, 06 November 2007 08:15 Go to previous message
salvator
Hi,

I seem to have a problem installing Marlin v00-09-09. When Marlin is linked I have the following error message:

/usr/bin/ld: Warning: alignment 4 of symbol `fkfild_' in /home/salvator/Marlin/0.9.9/packages/MarlinReco/lib/libMarli nReco.a(MaterialDB.o) is smaller than 16 in /home/salvator/Marlin/0.9.9/packages/MarlinReco/lib/libMarli nReco.a(MaterialDB.o)
/home/salvator/Marlin/0.9.9/lib/libMarlin.a(SimpleParticleFa ctory.o)(.text+0x358): In function `marlin::SimpleParticleFactory::getCharge(int)':
/home/salvator/Marlin/0.9.9/src/SimpleParticleFactory.cc:75: undefined reference to `HepPDT::ParticleID::threeCharge() const'
/home/salvator/Marlin/0.9.9/packages/MarlinUtil/lib/libMarli nUtil.a(MarlinCED.o)(.text+0x1271): In function `MarlinCED::drawMCParticle(EVENT::MCParticle*, bool, EVENT::LCEvent*, int, int, unsigned, unsigned, double, double, double, double, double, bool)':
/home/salvator/Marlin/0.9.9/packages/MarlinUtil/src/MarlinCE D.cc:288: undefined reference to `HepPDT::ParticleID::threeCharge() const'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/home/salvator/Marlin/0.9.9/bin/Marlin] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/salvator/Marlin/0.9.9/src'
make: *** [bin] Error 2

Put aside the first message ('alignment of symbol....' what does it mean !!!), what I don't understand is the 'undefined reference' to HepPDT::ParticleID::threeCharge() . If I look in $CLEHEP/include/CLHEP/HepPDT I can see the ParticleID.hh header file with the reference to the invoked method and I've checked that all the CLHEP libraries are where they are supposed to be. I've included the $CLHEP/lib to the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH and $CLHEP/include to $PATH. Did I miss anything else ?

Thanks for the help !

Fab

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:org.lcsim Tracking Examples
Next Topic:How can I get helix parameters from some track hits?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 16 01:13:36 Pacific Daylight Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.