Linear Collider Forum

Home » Simulation » Mokka » Hcal Endcaps and Endcap Rings Gear description in SHcalSc01
Hcal Endcaps and Endcap Rings Gear description in SHcalSc01 [message #1425] Wed, 19 March 2008 10:05
ralf
Hi

today at the optimization meeting it was mentioned that the radii of the endcap and the endcap ring of the new SHcalSc01 are wrong (="too small") in the Gear output file.

Checking the code, I found that the output of Geant and Gear differ. In principle this seems to be alright, since as I understood it the definitions of the radius of Gear and Geant differ: Geant takes the distance from the center to a corner of the octagon as outer radius. Gear takes the distance of the center to the middle of a side of the octagon. So they should differ by a factor of cos(pi/8), which is taken into account.

Bus I found in addition a factor of cos(pi/9) for the Gear output of the outer radius in the code (line 476 for the endcaps and line 945 for the endcap rings in SHcalSc01.cc).

When working on the code, I didn't change this, because this was already present in SHcal03 (on which SHcalSc01 is based) and I guessed that with this code the reconstruction already was successfully tested. In fact, I didn't touch this part at all.
But now I wonder where this factor of cos(pi/9) comes from? For me it doesn't make sense, but maybe I miss something... Confused

Does anybody know where it comes from or if it could be deleted?

Thanks in advance for any tips, hints and/or solutions Smile
Ralf

[Updated on: Wed, 19 March 2008 10:07]

Read Message
Previous Topic:lorentzTransformationAngle
Next Topic:Mokka and Geant4 9.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 27 01:49:13 Pacific Daylight Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.