Linear Collider Forum

Home » Software Tools » Marlin et al » detector rotation
Re: detector rotation [message #1615 is a reply to message #1609] Thu, 30 October 2008 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
vogel
Hi Pit,
Quote:

i've build a detector with components (beampipe, VXD) which are slightly rotated around the x-axes.

Sounds quite exciting!
Quote:

My question now is, is it necessary to tell Marlin that angle and if so how (i mean where does Marlin read the parameters from the gear file and "build" the detectors)?

Gear does currently not provide a means to describe a rotation of the vertex detector around the x-axis, and – strictly speaking – Marlin does not know the notion of “detectors”. The various geometry parameters that are described with the help of Gear are just used (numerically) in the various provided algorithms.

You may want to check whether the recorded detector hits reflect your rotation, or if their coordinates are relative to the local coordinate system of the vertex detector itself. Maybe you’ll need to do some coordinate conversion as an intermediate step. In any case, the easiest way would probably be to adjust the MarlinReco code in the same way that you modified the Mokka code for your purpose.

If you think that your issue may be of common interest, you should contact the ILC core software developers, so that rotations around the x-axis will be centrally supported by future versions of Gear and/or MarlinReco.

Cheers,
Adrian

[Updated on: Thu, 30 October 2008 14:05]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:ilcsoft v01-05-pre released
Next Topic:MarlinTPC processor apparently fails to install
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Oct 22 03:50:49 Pacific Daylight Time 2019
.:: Contact :: Home ::.