Linear Collider Forum

Home » Software Tools » LCIO » Problem using files with Cluster and CalorimeterHit collections
no.gif  Problem using files with Cluster and CalorimeterHit collections [message #1619] Thu, 06 November 2008 04:57 Go to previous message
phmag
Hi,
If I perform particle flow with PandoraPFA and then save the file without dropping the CalorimeterHit collections then I can't use the file again. Marlin, anajob or whatever program crashes with an error like:
*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x0000000000b629e0 ***

Both anajob and Marlin are okay when they're running over the run headers, but not the events. I've found that if I comment out any lines like
cluster->addHit(....)
in PandoraPFAProcessor.cc the problem goes away. I suspect this is a problem with LCIO rather than Pandora though.

My guess is that after finishing with the first event, LCIO is trying to delete the CalorimeterHits twice - once for the actual hit collections and then again for each hit associated to a cluster. However, I've had a look at the ClusterImpl destructor and it only deletes the ParticleID objects and not the CalorimeterHits. Does anybody else know what it could be?

I'm using HEAD versions of LCIO and PandoraPFA. It's a 64bit machine but I don't think that matters.

Read Message no.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:lsh: this event does not exist
Next Topic:LCWriter error when inputfile and outpufile only differ in "_" changed to "."
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Feb 25 01:50:45 Pacific Standard Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.