Linear Collider Forum

Home » Software Tools » Marlin et al » marlin::message
Re: marlin::message [message #1739 is a reply to message #851] Tue, 12 May 2009 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
oschaefer
Now I searched for exceptions in the forum and found this article:
I think that's a sensible idea. However, the reader of the code might not be aware, that a streamlog_out(FATAL) will cause a program abort.
On the other hand the consequences of a streamlog_out are not handled consistently, such that in one processor it is embedded in a try catch block and in the next one it will be merely printed and probably just vanish in the output of all the processors.

In addition it might be a good idea to enable color coded terminal output for the different levels.

Just now, where I try to redesign my processors consistently it is very hard to decide for a sensible strategy, as all the try statements don't enhance readability, streamlogs do nothing but potentially inform the user, and who knows how many other techniques are being used.

Maybe additional functions like:

terminateProgramWithError(string errorText);
continueWithNextEvent(...);
skipProcessingEvent(...);

and the like would allow to express in a more compact form what happens and to steer the processor chain to a certain extend from within the processors?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Command line arguments "to" MARLIN Steeringfiles
Next Topic:MarlinReco example
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 25 13:37:23 Pacific Daylight Time 2019
.:: Contact :: Home ::.