Linear Collider Forum

Home » Software Tools » Marlin et al » Charge transfer coefficient calculations in the GEMProcessor
question.gif  Charge transfer coefficient calculations in the GEMProcessor [message #1746] Fri, 29 May 2009 06:16
bakul
Hello,

I have a question about GEM simulation in MarlinTPC (GEMProcessor). Please, correct me if I am wrong, I am assuming that libgem.cc (MarlinTPC/trunk/digitisation/src/libgem.cc) does all the calculations of the charge transfer coefficients. The code for electron extraction efficiency calculation starts with the following ‘if’ condition (line 64):
if  ( ( field / holefield( gemvoltage, 0, 0 ) - PAR_y_eext ) <= pow( PAR_r_eext, (1/PAR_s_eext) ) )

Is that condition correct? Is it required to subtract the parameter ‘y’ from the field ratio before that comparison? According to the published papers from Martin Killenberg, et al., the condition should be: E_ext/E_hole <= r^1/s. If the value of ‘PAR_y_eext’ is zero, it doesn’t matter, but in case of some gas-mixtures, the parameter files (MarlinTPC/trunk/simulation/inputs/) have a non-zero values of this parameter. Wouldn’t that affect the results?
Another thing I don’t understand is the reason for setting the external fields to zero when computing the hole field. I notice, almost everywhere the function ‘holefield’ is called with the last two parameters as zero: holefield( gemvoltage, 0, 0 )
Why is it like that?

Thanks,
Bakul.

Bakul Gaur
University of Siegen

Read Message question.gif
Previous Topic:new minor release v00-09-05
Next Topic:multiple LCCD callbacks to one processor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 10:50:39 Pacific Daylight Time 2019
.:: Contact :: Home ::.