Linear Collider Forum

Home » Software Tools » LCIO » Problem using files with Cluster and CalorimeterHit collections
Re: Problem using files with Cluster and CalorimeterHit collections [message #1750 is a reply to message #1747] Tue, 02 June 2009 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gaede
Hi Mark and Andre,

I am not sure I understand the problem with dropping the CalorimeterHits. Of course this is possible with the LCIOOutputProcessor and we are doing this in our Monte Carlo mass production. See the standard steering file:
stdreco.xml for example where REC files have the hits and DST files don't.
If you want to do this in your own code and not in Marlin (why would you?) you need to
set the collection flags of the Cluster collection as described in the Doxygen documentation - note that the LCIOOutputProcessor of Marlin does this automatically for you, if you drop the CalorimeterHits.

Joergen's comments about this not being possible in LCIO/Marlin are incorrect - there is no need to change Pandora or LCIO to do this !
Also incorrect of course is the statement that we are currently ignoring critical bugs that are reported. As you know we are all very busy with the LOI and IDAG's followup to the LOI, thus we have focused in the last month on fixing all bugs/issues that where critical to the LOI Monte Carlo mass production and thereby left some minor feature requests or uncritical issues to be addressed after the LOI.

So, LCIO is of course fully supported and we will shortly also address all of the remaining unresolved issues.

Please let me know of any problem that you still have with dropping CalorimterHits.
Cheers, Frank.

Read Message no.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:lsh: this event does not exist
Next Topic:LCWriter error when inputfile and outpufile only differ in "_" changed to "."
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 16 18:51:16 Pacific Daylight Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.