Linear Collider Forum

Home » General » General Questions » Class not found
Re: Class not found [message #1753 is a reply to message #1752] Tue, 02 June 2009 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
tonyj

bweinert wrote on Tue, 02 June 2009 11:17

Hi, I commented out the top line and added all the import statements to get the program to compile. It compiles and it runs, but the loop terminates due to error early on in the program. It says:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown event component Tracks
at hep.physics.event.BaseEvent.get(BaseEvent.java:48)
at org.lcsim.event.base.BaseLCSimEvent.get(BaseLCSimEvent.java: 100)
at org.lcsim.event.base.BaseLCSimEvent.getTracks(BaseLCSimEvent .java:80)
at MuonReco.process(MuonReco.java:74)
at org.lcsim.util.DriverAdapter.recordSupplied(DriverAdapter.ja va:74)
at org.freehep.jas.extensions.recordloop.MyChain.recordSupplied (MyChain.java:55)
at org.freehep.jas.extensions.recordloop.InteractiveRecordLoop. supplyRecord(InteractiveRecordLoop.java:533)
at org.freehep.jas.extensions.recordloop.RecordLoopManager.run( RecordLoopManager.java:66)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

How would I go about fixing this error, is there a problem with all of the programs that MuonReco calls?

HI, what this error means is that MuonReco processor is attempting to access the track list "Tracks" from the event, however the event you are reading do not contain any "Tracks". This is most likely because you are reading events generated from SLIC (simulation) but have not run the tracking algorithm on the event.

Quote:

Also, it seemed like there was some confusion about what I was trying to do with this code. I was under the impression that I should execute this code in JAS3. Is this wrong, is this code supposed to be run in something else or is it just batch code? Thank you for your help.
-Ben

You should be able to compile and run code in JAS3. If you are still getting errors please attach the complete error message here.

Tony

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message