Linear Collider Forum

Home » Simulation » slic » slcio woe
Re: slcio woe [message #1804 is a reply to message #1801] Fri, 17 July 2009 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
AWest
Hello Norman,

Thank you for responding to my post so quickly; I'm sure that you're a busy fellow and I want you to know that your help is very much appreciated. There is a peculiar detail that I forgot to mention in my initial post, and that is that there are some cases where the flight length of this lambda_b particle is indeed NOT zero. However, statistical analysis of a large file revealed that even these flight lengths are in someway, wrong. About 75% have 0 flight length, and the rest have flight lengths
inconsistent with the Lambda_b lifetime. We looked at 100's of
B0, B+, and Bs meson decays, and they all have flight length
distributions consistent with their known lifetimes (after slic),
and no 0 flight length decays (where 0 means < 1 fm).

At any rate, these are two small files that I generated today that clearly display the issue. There are Lambda_b decays with zero length and with non-zero length in the slcio file.
The first event does have a PID=5122 that has non-zero length in the stdhep file and length=0 in the slcio file (MCParticles).

/afs/slac.stanford.edu/u/ee/stevew/afssub4/ZZtest_slac.stdhe p

/afs/slac.stanford.edu/u/ee/stevew/afssub4/ZZtest_slac.slcio

again, I do sincerely appreciate your help, sir.

~A.West

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:SimDist not everything is set up to select different physics lists
Next Topic:Namespace for material names used in compact.xml detector descriptions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Oct 16 02:49:37 Pacific Daylight Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.