Linear Collider Forum

Home » Analysis and Reconstruction » Tracking & Vertexing » Conditons Data for MarlinTPC
Re: Conditons Data for MarlinTPC [message #1862 is a reply to message #1458] Fri, 25 September 2009 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ralf
Another topic, that will need attention in the next weeks/months, is the way we want to store the conditions data in the database.

The way I understand it the database holds a folder structure and every folder contains the objects for one specific condition. In the folder you can access the objects by the timestamp and a tag. So if you write new (for example: corrected) conditions for a specific time there, you can later choose which ones to use by the tag. I would suggest that we tag every version.
Another question is how to tag? Maybe always start with 1 (assuming that the conditions data are right in the beginning) and for smaller changes sth. like 01.01 and for larger changes 02.00 ...

For the basic folder structure, I would suggest sth. like:
/lctpc/large_prototype/<location>/<module>/<condition>/

One could even think of subdividing this structure by the types of conditions (see Martins list above)?!

Before we do this, we would also have to decide, which data is stored together in an object and which alone in a single object. For the Pedestals this is for example already fixed and the value and the width are in the same object.

Does anybody have an opinion about this? Maybe this would be a topic for a MarlinTPC Meeting or the mailing list (so every group is aware of this fact).

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Fitting scheme
Next Topic:Hit errors in MarlinTPC