Linear Collider Forum

Home » Analysis and Reconstruction » Tracking & Vertexing » [MarlinTPC] PulseFinder questions and issues
Re: [MarlinTPC] PulseFinder questions and issues [message #1864 is a reply to message #1861] Fri, 25 September 2009 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
killenberg
Hello Christoph,

1) Flagging pulses as "overflow"
I would propose that the pedestal subtractor also knows the overflow limit and does not subtract the pedestals on the overflow samples, so this sample preserves the overflow information. I would not flag the whole TrackerData object as overflow because there could be a good pulse and an overflow pulse in non zero suppressed data.

2) Pulse splitting
I think it's good that you can turn off the splitting, one might want the unsplit pulses (if only for debugging).

3) Negative adc counts
To my understanding negative values should only occur in pre or post samples. In this case you want the negative values, otherwise the results would be biased by and depend on the number of pre/post samples. If you don't want that you have to lower the threshold and turn off the pre/post samples.

Cheers

Martin

Martin Killenberg

CERN
martin.killenberg@cern.ch

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message