Linear Collider Forum

Home » Analysis and Reconstruction » Tracking & Vertexing » [MarlinTPC] PulseFinder questions and issues
Re: [MarlinTPC] PulseFinder questions and issues [message #1868 is a reply to message #1867] Fri, 25 September 2009 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
rosemann
Hi Martin,

killenberg wrote on Fri, 25 September 2009 12:48

Hello Christoph,

Quote:

OK, I will incorporate this switch as an optional parameter;

Please make it a normal processor parameter. Optional parameters are intended to be used only if they are set, like a cut which is not applied at all if not set. A parameter whose default parameter is used should not be optional.

I would have assumed that this is the case here. If it's for debugging only, then (and only then) the pulses would not be split. But I can also make it a standard parameter with the default that pulses are split.

BTW: Another issue with splitting; for now I don't check split pulses for the minimal length. This because a "true" multiple-pulse doesn't fall off below the end threshold before again a rise occurs. This may shorten the length, but I didn't want to introduce yet another parameter (e.g. like "MinimalMultiPulseLength").

Cheers,
Christoph

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. (Sir A.C. Doyle in Sign of Four)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message