Linear Collider Forum

Home » Analysis and Reconstruction » Tracking & Vertexing » [MarlinTPC] PulseFinder questions and issues
Re: [MarlinTPC] PulseFinder questions and issues [message #1888 is a reply to message #1861] Tue, 10 November 2009 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
rosemann
OK, I'm still onto this processor. Doesn't seem to end.

First I've noticed some slightly confusing things, which I remedied (so far only in my private branch). Like the fact that the readout frequency is silently taken from a gear file, even it's not what you (might) want.

Anyhow, I have a pending question to which I need input: what time to store in the produced TrackerPulse collection?

The lcio documentation states only "The time of the pulse - arbitrary units." Now there are several answers to this question, and we somehow need to decide, which one we choose.

1) simply take the time bins (integer values); leave the fiddling with the electronics to the hit finding

2) take the "true" time by multiplying with the bin width; incorporating electronics information by the readout frequency. In which units then, nanoseconds?

3) take the z position (in mm) by also incorporating the drift velocity; leave then any field inhomogeneities as a correction afterwards

Please state your opinion.

Cheers,
Christoph

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. (Sir A.C. Doyle in Sign of Four)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message