Linear Collider Forum

Home » Analysis and Reconstruction » Tracking & Vertexing » Conditons Data for MarlinTPC
Re: Conditons Data for MarlinTPC [message #1893 is a reply to message #1892] Fri, 04 December 2009 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ralf
killenberg

I do not know if LCCD works correcly if the data is stored in a different folder for each run. And there is also some data that is not correlated to a run, the gas conditions or the environmental conditions for instance. These are written to the data base with a time stamp in regular intervals, no matter if a run is active or not.

You're right, I haven't thought of these...
But this shouldn't be a problem with LCCD. You have to specify a folder for every condition object anyway and it's no problem if they differ. The only problem would be if you use run specific conditions and reconstruct data from two or more runs in one call of MarlinTPC. I guess this is no the usual use case.

So my proposal should read ([] brackets for optional folders):
/lctpc/large_prototype_1/<location>/[<runnumber>]/<condition >[/<module>]

So we could store run depended conditions with the run number and the rest without.

killenberg

For those data that are (or can be) correlated with a run this structure might be good.

I also have some questions:

1. What does tagging of data mean? Is it something specific for LCCD/CondDBMySQL?
  2. What is location?
  3. Is module the readout module on the end plate? If yes we should not have it in the folder structure but as a data member of the condition.

Here the answers:
  1. Tagging means, that you have in LCCD the possibility to assign a tag (std::string) to a folder. This is nessesary to retrieve old data if you have written new one in a folder for the same time period. Then the older data is available only via the tag.
  2. With location I mean the physical place of the measurement like "DESY_T24-1" for example. This idea came actually from CALICE who found it useful.
  3. Yes, I meant the readout module. This I added as an additional, optional (therefore the [] brackets) sub-folder in case there are conditions where it makes sense to split them like this. For most conditions, you wouldn't need it. Like for the pedestals, this distinction is done in the condition object. Right now I can't think of a situation, where it is necessary, but I wanted to include the idea as an option nevertheless...

CU, Ralf.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Fitting scheme