Linear Collider Forum

Home » Analysis and Reconstruction » Tracking & Vertexing » LCIO::EVENT::TrackerPulse additions
LCIO::EVENT::TrackerPulse additions [message #1915] Wed, 03 March 2010 06:04 Go to previous message

after noticing that the two main data members of TrackerPulse (charge and time) don't have a data field for their respective error I put the issue into the feature request/bug tracker of LCIO (look here).

Two additional things come to my mind:
1) For user-friendliness AND for consistency I asked for two additional members. Is there any reason/belief that somehow a correlation between the two parameters (charge&time) exists, so we have an argument for needing a covariance matrix?

2) For the reconstruction chain further down the processing line it might be needed what the largest single slice inside a pulse is. For now this information is lost and needs to be re-retrieved when needed by looping over the spectrum.
Now I wonder if there is an argument to also call for an additional data member holding this specific information.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. (Sir A.C. Doyle in Sign of Four)
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:LCIO::TRACK type keyword definition
Next Topic:Pulse (and Hit) quailty
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 19 11:30:32 Pacific Daylight Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.