Linear Collider Forum

Home » Analysis and Reconstruction » Tracking & Vertexing » Pulse (and Hit) quailty
Re: Pulse (and Hit) quailty [message #1966 is a reply to message #1965] Thu, 06 May 2010 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
rosemann
Hi Martin,

killenberg wrote on Thu, 06 May 2010 06:28

[...]I am looking for a place where to define the constants used to store the pulse quality.

The right way to do it is externally (I had brought this up also in our SW meeting), so that no arbitrary convention is used in the code. I am currently re-writing the sort-of manual, the slightly outdated draft can be found here: TPC data model Draft

Quote:

I would prefer to have it in a header file.

I see what you mean, but on the other hand you could simply refer to the outside document wherever you use it in the code. Even if the bit field usage is clear to you (which I guess), anybody that wants to use it can look it up in the same file as quoted above; or in the future document. An older, first idea (I'm behind the updating schedule) is at http://www-flc.desy.de/flc/flcwiki/MarlinTPCStructure

Quote:

Currently the pulse finder uses 1, 10 and 100 as constants, ...

Sorry, you're right. I am again asynchronous to the trunk version; I had this updated to the most-to-current scheme some time ago (see the version in my branch).

Quote:

But I find it difficult to retrieve the flags in a programme.[...]

I agree, but any scheme that makes the reading nicer still only relays the fact that these choices of numbers are arbitrary.
If we use this eye candy encapsulation, I would rather use one single class/object that handles all of these definitions, rather than different ones for the different objects.
In case you are not in urgent need of a solution, I would ask you to bear a little longer with the current setup; until we have a full list of these "arbitrary numbers" and then make a single class out of it. Please don't do the definition of numbers in header files; rather use the initialisation list.

To round up the information, there are three different threads related to the pulse quality, hit quality and track type definition.

cheers,
Christoph

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. (Sir A.C. Doyle in Sign of Four)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:LCIO::EVENT::TrackerPulse additions
Next Topic:Questions about fitting in MarlinTPC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Oct 22 23:57:20 Pacific Daylight Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.