Linear Collider Forum

Home » Analysis and Reconstruction » Tracking & Vertexing » Fitting scheme
Re: Fitting scheme (part 1/2 for Jason) [message #2006 is a reply to message #1988] Wed, 02 June 2010 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
rosemann
Hi Martin and Jason,

I probably need to add several "oops" in my previous mails. I really have to get some things straight; it seems that I misunderstood a couple of things. (And of course: sorry for replying so late, but I really had to think a bit).

First I reply to Jason (I'd rather answer Martin in a second post, so not to confuse any further)

jabernathy wrote on Wed, 12 May 2010 10:03

[...]
In fact, it is even more complicated than that. The "residuals" from the likelihood method are in units of charge or electrons.

This makes life a lot more complicated. I suggest that we split the fitting schemes. I don't see so many different methods coming up in the future. So then we have two fundamentally separate ways of fitting, still with hopefully only one base class/interface.

[...]
rosemann

The underlying problem is of course something else -- the LCIO objects lack some, eventually fundamental functionality.[...]

jabernathy

There is an LCRelation from LCIO. I believe these are used to abstractly associate two LCIO objects with a single weighting parameter.

Since there is further evidence that the functionality is needed for tracking in general, I'd rather go with the try to extend the LCIO track class. For the time being it might be better to create some intermediate solution; maybe this is something for the next MarlinTPC meeting.

Ever so slowly I see some things converging on the horizon... Wink

Cheers,
Christoph

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. (Sir A.C. Doyle in Sign of Four)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:TPC Tracks not being produced
Next Topic:Conditons Data for MarlinTPC