Linear Collider Forum

Home » Analysis and Reconstruction » Tracking & Vertexing » Conditons Data for MarlinTPC
Re: Conditons Data for MarlinTPC [message #2012 is a reply to message #1991] Wed, 02 June 2010 09:46 Go to previous message
ralf
jabernathy wrote on Fri, 14 May 2010 17:47

What about adding a parameter for gain in the ChannelCorrection class?

This would allow a consistent method for doing channel-by-channel gain correction in the GainCorrectorProcessor.

When checking the class, I also noticed, that it does not seem to be multi-module compatible.
If someone needs the amplification gain separately -which I could imagine is the case in the simulation- it would be good to store it there. For the normal combined amplification/electronics gain correction, the calibration factor should be enough. Or am I missing something?

Proposal: I would implement it in a way, that if it isn't set (you don't always know this value), the object returns 1.0, so a multiplication wouldn't change anything. But you could still set the other correction values and use them.
Similar to the pedestals, where the handler returns 0.0 when there is no value, so that the loop can run even when there is no value for a particular channel...

Since I am -slowly- going through the conditions objects anyway, I can look after this.

CU, Ralf.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Fitting scheme