Linear Collider Forum

Home » Analysis and Reconstruction » Tracking & Vertexing » Recent Changes in MarlinTPC trunk
Re: Recent Changes in MarlinTPC trunk [message #2035 is a reply to message #2033] Wed, 11 August 2010 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jabernathy
Hi Ralf,

ralf wrote on Wed, 11 August 2010 08:51

In the latest trunk version (r2207), there seems to be an error in the tools/Field/FindCGA.cmake file. The path to the CGAPack library seems to look in the Geant4 lib directory. This kept this version from compiling at my place. After I changed the line
PATHS $ENV{G4LIB}/$ENV{G4SYSTEM}/

to
PATHS ${Mokka_HOME}/lib/$ENV{G4SYSTEM}/

it works for me.

In the GNUMakefile.common the target directory for the CGAPack library is set as

LIBPACKNAME := libCGAPack.so
TARGETDIR := $(G4WORKDIR)/lib/$(G4SYSTEM)
LIBPACK := $(TARGETDIR)/$(LIBPACKNAME)

The problem occurs because G4WORKDIR is set differently when Mokka is installed by the ilctool scripts. In the new version of the file written by Jan both directories are used.

---------------------------------------

On my computer, using latest trunk (r2207), a simple chain using the ConditionsProcessor, the TrackerRawDataToDataConverterProcessor and the PedestalSubtractorProcessor does always stop with:
*** glibc detected *** Marlin: double free or corruption

and then some more messages.
This worked in the last trunk revision before (r2198). Haven't yet figured out why this happens.

I don't have the same error using those processors. Can you send me your files so I can test it locally?

In the PedestalSubstractor, I think the renaming of the override parameter from "MaximumADCValue" to "MaximumADCValueOverride" is a good idea. Maybe we should make this a convention to append to optional parameters like this the word "Override"?

In the latest version of the trunk it is named correctly.

Nevertheless, I would still vote to use the PedestalHandler (or other "Handlers", which should probably all be renamed into sth. with ChangeListener, since they are derived from the IConditionsChangeListener); probably using the ConditionsMap approach inside.

Regardless of the solution used I suggest that it is handled globally.

One disadvantage of creating ConditionMaps / ConditionHandlers is that they are created locally: ie one per processor. This leaves the possibility of two processors using different default values.

I'll respond to your other suggestion in the older thread to revive it Smile

- Jason

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message