Linear Collider Forum

Home » Analysis and Reconstruction » Tracking & Vertexing » Inconsistencies with "Transience Flag"
Inconsistencies with "Transience Flag" [message #2093] Fri, 19 November 2010 02:18 Go to previous message
rosemann
Hi everyone,

I noticed some slight confusion and unfortunately also plain errors/bugs concerning the usually common processor parameter of whether the output collection is to be stored (e.g. in a file) or not.

The currently common name is "SetOutputTransient". Due to historic reasons these are sometimes still integers. Even worse, sometimes the logic is turned around, so only when you set this parameter to true/non-zero, the collection will be saved.

So I will change this in every processor that I can find to the right logic. But besides this, it might be easier to understand -- in reading and writing -- to call this parameter "SetOutputPersistent" or even something like "CommitOutputToStorage".

This will of course lead to a change in the "interface", or rather a change in all the existing steering files.

Opinions? Objections?

Cheers,
Christoph

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. (Sir A.C. Doyle in Sign of Four)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Recent Changes in MarlinTPC trunk
Next Topic:Problem in track reconstruction
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 16 13:05:37 Pacific Daylight Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.