a new release of ilcsoft (v01-16-01) is available.
This patch release is based on the previous major release (v01-16) used for running the DBD reconstruction.
This patch release includes fixes in the LCIO package (see Changelog below) and an updated version of Geant4 (9.5.p02).
Please refer to the Release notes below for more details.
Use the ilcinstall tool with the appropriate configuration files in order to install ilcsoft v01-16-01.
Reference installations in afs are available at:
/afs/desy.de/project/ilcsoft/sw/i386_gcc41_sl5/v01-16-01 # SL5 32bit
/afs/desy.de/project/ilcsoft/sw/x86_64_gcc41_sl5/v01-16-01 # SL5 64bit
Please report any problems and questions regarding this release in this forum.
Jan, for the iLCSoft team.
Release Notes for v01-16-01 and v01-16
Changes in v01-16-01 w.r.t. iLCSoft v01-16
Updated versions of external tools
LCIO: v02-03-03 / v02-03-02
- fixed bug in TrackerHitPlaneImpl and TrackerHitZCylinderImpl
with size of covariance matrix being 0 (no set to 6)
that caused corrupted LCIO files when any hits of these types
where written as "TrackerHit" types, e.g. in a new subset collection
that is made persistent ...
this is no problem for the DBD standard reconstruction !
- changelog from v02-03-02:
- added lcio_merge_files tool
- fixed cmake 2.6 incompatibility introduced in v02-00-02
Release notes from iLCSoft v01-16
iLCSoft release for running the DBD reconstruction.
Changes in v01-16 w.r.t. iLCSoft v01-15-03
- BCalReco (A.Rosca)
- in BCalReco.h reduce memory use: #define MAXNENTR 80000
- introduced new variable EdepErr.
- small changes to read new variable, EdepErr, from the background map.
- fixed bug in SearchTowers().
- write also empty BCal collections
- fixed several programming flaws/reimplemented parts of code
- BCalTagEfficiency (J.List)
- removed local copy of TDR background map, updated README and bcal_ild_05_v05.xml
- some minor clean-up of print statements, comments etc
- Added some more diagnostics, no change to algorithms.
- Use the Chi2 probability to remove badly fitted silicon tracks so that the don't pollute the TPC Si track merging.
- Reject combinations of TPC and Silicon Tracks if more that a certain number of Silicon Hits, default 2, get rejected by the fit of the combined track.
- Fixed type conversion error in track hits
- Fixed MC vertex information
- Added option to choose track hit ordering
- Modifications to track selection criteria involving subdetector hits
- Vertex-jet reassociation no longer throws exception to cope with cases
where tracks are dropped such as when running kt algorithm before LCFIPlus
- SegmentBuilder: added output of failed criterion
- SubsetHopfieldNN: set the activation threshold down to 0.5
- KiTrackMarlinTools: added convenience methods for output of track-hit information
- TrueTrackCritAnalyser: added pdg and theta angle to root output
+ added possibility to use only hits from different layers for the nHit cut
+ added cut for theta
+ added chi2, Ndf and chi2prob to the reco tracks in the root output
+ added a cut for failed tracks
+ added a new quality indicator, especially for the simple subset and 3-hit tracks
+ changed lastLayerToIP to 5
+ changed the > in the chi2prob cut to >=