Linear Collider Forum

Home » ILCDirac » Applications » Changing detector geometry in ILCDirac
Changing detector geometry in ILCDirac [message #2319] Fri, 22 August 2014 08:44 Go to previous message
mgaughran
Dear all,

When attempting to use custom detector geometry for the SiD Sim-Reco chain, there are two instances of lcsim being used. The first one accesses the detector geometry as required, using the alias.properties file, and produces valid data. The final step in the chain uses lcsim to produce the DST file, but this time is unable to access the zip file containing the detector geometry.

If I include the zip file (brought in through the input sandbox) in the output sandbox, Dirac is unable to find it for some reason. It is as though the zip file is removed after one of the earlier stages, although I see no instance of this in the code. This problem can be reproduced using Christian Grefe's code, found here.

The fact that the first instance of lcsim works suggests that I have input the correct files, and there is simply a certain option that I am missing that prevents the removal of the detector geometry zip file. Is there either a way to ensure the persistence of this zip file, or prevent the second lcsim run from requiring the detector geometry (as it isn't necessary outside Dirac)?

Thanks,
Martin Gaughran

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:policy for ilcsoft updates in ilcdirac
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 20 03:03:36 Pacific Daylight Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.