Linear Collider Forum

Home » Analysis and Reconstruction » Tracking & Vertexing » calo TrackState along wrong track direction...?
Re: calo TrackState along wrong track direction...? [message #2352 is a reply to message #2351] Mon, 19 January 2015 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dear all,

I have done some more investigation, and I think I have found the source of the problem.

It seems that the "CalcXingPointWith" method in does not take account of the requested "mode" (i.e. forwards or backwards along the track) when calculating the intersection of the track with the surface. This deficiency has even been helpfully noted in the code:
"//SJA:FIXME: do we need to consider the mode here",
to which the answer is, in my opinion, "yes"!

the "createTrackStateAtCaloFace" method of MarlinTrkUtils essentially looks for an intersection of the track in each of the 8 planes of the barrel ecal front surface. If it finds one of these, it accepts it (taking the "best" one if there are more than one); if not, it goes on to look at the endcaps.

The track I had problems with entered the ECAL just in the endcap; however a (wrong, backwards) intersection with the barrel had already been found, so it did not look for the correct endcap intersection.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 June 2015 22:18]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:wrong track direction...? PLEASE IGNORE!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 19 11:23:10 Pacific Daylight Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.