Linear Collider Forum

Home » Software Tools » Marlin et al » ilcsoft release v01-17-08
Re: ilcsoft release v01-17-08 [message #2377 is a reply to message #2376] Thu, 06 August 2015 12:43 Go to previous message
zarnecki
Dear Frank,
Dear developers,

Thank you for all your work and the new release. Unfortunatly I need to ask you for some help/guidance...

It is already some time since I installed ilcsoft by myself. I decided to install new release on the server at our Faculty. It is a new machine with AMD processors running SLC 6.5. It was basicly "clean", nothing installed except for OS...

The hardest step was to install... cernlib. Then, I tried to follow the standard procedure and it worked OK. I had to go back few times (eg. to recompile cernlib with -fPIC flag), but I could understand what the problems are. However, I am now stacked at compiling ForwardTracking inside MarlinReco. I get the following message:

Linking CXX executable bin/param_runner_background
Linking CXX executable bin/CritRunner
Linking CXX executable bin/param_runner
Linking CXX executable bin/QuantileAnalyser
/scratch/zarnecki/ilcsoft/v01-17-08/geant4/10.01/lib64/libG4 OpenGL.so: undefined reference to `QListData::detach(int)'
/scratch/zarnecki/ilcsoft/v01-17-08/geant4/10.01/lib64/libG4 OpenGL.so: undefined reference to `QListData::detach_grow(int*, int)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [bin/param_runner_background] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/param_runner_background.dir/all] Error 2

I have found a hint that I should probably add QtXml library to the list of linked libraries. But I was not able to find a way to check it. I am not an expert in cmake etc. If you have any hint, suggestion, I will be very grateful.

By the way, it would be nice to have a list of ilcsoft prerequisites prepared. I started from installing what is needed for root (described nicely on root web pages), but it turned out that there is much more. Some requirements seem to be not obvious (eg. latex and ghostscript).

Regards
Filip Zarnecki

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:ilcsoft release v01-17-07
Next Topic:freehep.org website missing and svn server down?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jan 22 04:14:42 Pacific Standard Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.