Linear Collider Forum

Home » Software Tools » LCIO » Meeting Minutes
feedback.gif  Re: minutes of meeting 03/15/04 [message #32 is a reply to message #30] Tue, 16 March 2004 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mora
Hello Frank, very good news to place the minutes on the LCIO forum Smile

Gabriel told me about the Mokka/LCIO interface questions yesterday. Let me say that there are at least two main missing features in the LCIO files written by Mokka in the current official release:

1) CalorimeterHits are written as the usual Mokka style. It means, for each PDG partial contribution and for each primary there is a hit object in the collection hit. So several hits for the same cell, if several particles crossed it. I've just rewrote part of this code in such way to have just an entry by calorimeter cell in the collection hit, with several partial contributions. I'm attaching here the same file I sent you before, for our colleagues also, to see if this new format is quite good to be tagged;

2) The MCParticle list doesn't follow the MCParticle-Hit-Assignement proposal you have discussed recently. For the moment it's a kind of ad-hoc solution, controlled by a few command line parameters just to have a tree. But except if you set the parameters in such way to keep all secondaries the tree is unbalanced, so it's not good. I'm planning to implement as near as possible the MCParticle-Hit-Assignement proposal for the next release, if possible still before the LCWS04.

Cheers, Paulo.

Read Message
Read Message icon2.gif
Read Message feedback.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message