Linear Collider Forum

Home » Simulation » slic » Sanity checks on my installation
Sanity checks on my installation [message #501] Thu, 08 June 2006 15:20 Go to previous message
ebenavid
I would like to do some simple sanity checks to my installation of SLIC to see that it is running correctly. I've recently installed SLIC (from the CVS head) with Jeremy's help on a system with the following configuration:

Compiler: gcc 3.4.5
Geant4 version: 8.0p01
CLHEP version: 1.9.2.2
Xerces-C version: 2.7.0
Everything else from the CVS head (slic, lcio, lcdd, lcphys, gdml)

I'd like to do some simple sanity checks with known data because some of these tools (especially Geant4) are newer than what SLIC has been tested with.

I tried out the SLIC-LCDD tutorial written by Tony Johnson at https://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/display/ilc/SLIC-LCDD+T utorial. I ran the first part of the tutorial (with the HepRep output), and after fixing the mistakes that I saw, I only get one hit.

index.php?t=getfile&id=26
(If the image does not show up, please see attached file.)

This is a problem because the screen shot on the tutorial shows multiple hits.

The mistakes that I found are:

In ecal.lcdd: Change the 9 to 8 in line 278, so that it reads:
"<positionref ref="ecal_lay8_pos" />"

In vis1.mac: Remove the negative sign in line 9, so that it reads:
"/gps/direction 0 0 1"

I emailed Tony Johnson about this, since he is the author of the tutorial, so that he could tell me if I found all the deliberate bugs.

I like this tutorial, since it has some data analysis and data against which I can compare my results.

I was wondering this:

• Is there another bug that I need to fix in the tutorial code to get multiple hits?
  • Is there another good resource for a quick sanity check on SLIC, so that I can see that SLIC will work well with my configuration?

Thanks Smile

Eric Benavidez

[Updated on: Thu, 08 June 2006 15:20]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:[Q&A]Running SLIC at SLAC (Linear Collider): Extrated from email communication
Next Topic:slic 2.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 17 04:33:31 Pacific Daylight Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.