Linear Collider Forum

Home » Analysis and Reconstruction » Tracking & Vertexing » TPCCondData: TPCConditions and ChannelCorrection
Re: TPCCondData: TPCConditions and ChannelCorrection [message #575 is a reply to message #574] Fri, 04 August 2006 01:55 Go to previous message
killenberg
Hello Jason,

the diffusion coefficient describes the broadening of the charge cloud when drifting a certain distance. It should be compatible with the coefficient you are using. The unit has been reduced ( sqrt(mm) = 1000 * sqrt(10) * um / sqrt(cm) , if I got it right).

The defocussing is the broadening in the readout structure, i. e. the width of a point-like charge cloud after amplification. It absorbs all defocussing effects in the readout structure. The diffusion in the transfer gaps for instance depends on the fields, which might be different in the three gaps of a triple GEM structure. Even the defocussing from a resistive foil on the pads might be in here.

The ChannelCorrection class is exactly the place to store these calibration factors. The order of the parameters will have to be discussed, so the ChannelByChannelCorrector, LinearityCorrector and GainCorrector can understand them.
Astrid did not use the ConditionsData to pass the information. I think you will be the first to implement it and we will use this as a starting point.

Greetings

Martin

Martin Killenberg

CERN
martin.killenberg@cern.ch

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:TrackFinder
Next Topic:PulseFinder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 17 22:55:20 Pacific Daylight Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.