Linear Collider Forum

Home » General » General Questions » What do you think of this bulletin board?
Re: What do you think of this bulletin board? [message #669 is a reply to message #668] Thu, 01 February 2007 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
antonio.bulgheroni

Thanks Tony for your reply!

I believe that receiving new posts directly on your mail box is already a very useful feature so that people doesn't have to go the forum website to see if there is something new.

I had a look at the docu link you sent me, and I'm convinced that having the possibility of merging a mailing list with a forum would be an added value.

Or at least in our case... We are working in the EUDET framework to develop an analysis and reconstruction tool using the Marlin framework. We are working in many different labs spread out all around Europe (three labs in Italy, DESY, Geneva and Warsaw) and so our primary need is to keep in touch each other... and you probably agree with me when I say that the easiest way is using a mailing list. At the same time, we would like to be active members of the ILC "soft" community, for that the best way is having a dedicated forum on forum.linearcollider.org

Conclusion: merging the forum and the mailing list (of course, it is possible and it seems so) is the best solution!

If you want, and of course, if also other users are considering it a good idea, we can be the first beta tester of this functionality!

Thanks a lot,

cheers

----

Antonio

Read Message icon1.gif
Read Message
Read Message question.gif
Read Message more.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message question.gif