Linear Collider Forum

Home » Analysis and Reconstruction » EUDET Telescope » LCIO: first trial and first questions...
Re: LCIO: first trial and first questions... [message #672 is a reply to message #671] Thu, 01 February 2007 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
antonio.bulgheroni

Ciao Frank,
sorry for disturb you, but it's my very first experience with this completely new world of LCIO + MARLIN et al.

First of all, I have installed all the needed (and optional) tools. BTW, I've installed LCIO v01-08 since it was advertised as the latest stable version on ilcsoft web page, but I've the feeling this is not really the latest version. Then as a second step I'm training with the use of LCIO. For that reason I tried to write a very simple code to translate a test MIMOSA V file (with each pixel output written in ASCII row-wise). This test file contains 100 events.

The idea is the following. I created a collection called matrix of LCIO::TRACKERRAWDATA. I push_backed to this collection a TrackerRawData, one for every pixel in the detector. I added the collection to the event with the name "raw-matrix" and then I wrote the event via the LCWriter. It looks reasonable to me, doesn't it? This is what I did in the converter.cc attached file.

So far, so good. The problem comes when I try to read the file back. Using the dumpEvent tool, I got exactly what I would expect, but one single strangeness.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
COLLECTION NAME               COLLECTION TYPE          NUMBER OF ELEMENTS
===========================================================================
raw-frame                     TrackerRawData                   0

The "number of elements" is zero. The collection seems to be empty. To cross-check, I tried also to add another collection (of LCIO::SIMCALORIMETERHIT) as you did in the documentation. This is the
"// ** //" commented part of the converter.cc file. Doing so, what I got from the dumpEvent is the following:

COLLECTION NAME               COLLECTION TYPE          NUMBER OF ELEMENTS
===========================================================================
raw-frame                     TrackerRawData                   0
test                          SimCalorimeterHit           262144

being 512 x 512 = 262144 the number of pixels in the detector.

What's wrong? Could you have a look at the attached code?

For the time being, I'm using a TrackerRawData to describe one single pixel, but probably it is wiser to use TrackerRawData to describe a full detector even if I cannot use any longer the cellID's to specify the pixel coordinates. Those can, anyway, be retrieved from the order the pixel appears into the adcValue STL vector as it actually is in the sucimaPix framework. What do you think about that?

That's all for now and thank you very much for your help.

Cheers,

Antonio

• Attachment: converter.cc
    (Size: 4.18KB, Downloaded 821 times)

----

Antonio

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message