Linear Collider Forum

Home » Analysis and Reconstruction » EUDET Telescope » LCIO: first trial and first questions...
Re: LCIO: first trial and first questions... [message #679 is a reply to message #677] Fri, 02 February 2007 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gaede
Hi Antonio et al,

I made a new tag in LCIO: v01-08-01-pre (a prerelease patch version) that fixes the issues that we encountered two days ago:

• proper collection names are enforced (need to be valid C/C++ names - no special characters except '_')
  • there actually was _no_ bug in the I/O routine for odd numbers of shorts (e.g. one ADC value) this was a very strange side effect with the invalid collection name 'raw-frame' so in fact the code that you sent me originally runs fine if you change:
    148c148
    <     event->addCollection(matrix,"rawframe");
    ---
    >     event->addCollection(matrix,"raw-frame");

(except for the logic of reading the data and creating events - one additional event is created)
  • as mentioned previously, of course one should not use TrackerRawData to store single pixels if non-zero-suppressed for performance reasons
  • a bug in the I/O routine of SIO that limited the number of shorts to 65k has been fixed - now there is no more limit in the number of ADC values that can be stored in a TrackerRawData object -> a full sensor data matrix can be stored in one object (no need to split into subquadtrants or the like)
  • CellIDEncoder has been fixed to work with Tracker(Raw)Data and TRackerPulse - also dumpevent will print the cellid words if the CellIDEncoder has been used for encoding (or a proper decoding string has been written manually) -> note that there is no need to store x and y pixel ranges any more, however you might want use this feature to make object sizes smaller sth. the group should decide on
  • I tested the code under SL3, SL4 and OSX 10.4 (intel) but of course it should also run under other common linux distros

Let me know of any further issues or questions that come up.

Cheers, Frank.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Next Topic:RunHeader EUDET specific parameters
Goto Forum: