Linear Collider Forum

Home » Analysis and Reconstruction » EUDET Telescope » A Marlin processor for pedestal calculation
Re: A Marlin processor for pedestal calculation [message #682 is a reply to message #681] Mon, 05 February 2007 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
antonio.bulgheroni

Dear Frank, thanks for your reply.

I like this idea of rewind the event loop and I believe it is going to be helpful also in many other cases, for example for the eta function generation as presented by Auguste. I will try as soon as possible to modify my PedeAndNoiseProcessor in order to use this feature.

Now the question is the following: usually one has a specific pedestal run (where in principle no particles are hitting the telescope). This run may be used by several other "real" runs as a starting point for pedestal and noise. So the typical idea is to

1. calculate pede and noise at the beginning,
  2. save it into a separate file and
  3. re-use it whenever you need.

To do that, we can imagine to have a steering file that exploiting the rewind feature is looping as many time as needed on the input data to produce the pedestal file that it is actually containing one event only with a TrackerData for pedestal and one for the noise. Then a second steering file in which a ApplyPedestalCorrectionProcessor is loading from the pedestal file the needed calibration info and apply the correction on a event base. This requires a processor handling I/O operation from a different file. Do you believe is it possible?

I would like to hear comments also from the rest of the (EUDET) community...

Cheers,
Antonio

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Important steps toward the EUDET telescope analysis