Linear Collider Forum

Home » Analysis and Reconstruction » EUDET Telescope » A Marlin processor for pedestal calculation
Re: A Marlin processor for pedestal calculation [message #693 is a reply to message #690] Wed, 07 February 2007 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
antonio.bulgheroni

Dear Frank and other,
I tried the Rewind feature you added and I believe we are very close to the solution. The point is the following, your example is perfectly working when I want to re-loop on a subset of events. This may happen but, at least for pedestal, it is also very common to loop over one full file. I browsed your modifications especially in the Marlin.cc file and I discovered that Rewind exceptions are caught only from the processEvent(LCEvent *) and not from end(). Do you think it is possible to add a try/catch block also there?

This will be perfect in both cases, if one wants to calculate pedestal just on a certain event range then for all other events the processEvent(LCEvent*) method is returning immediately and the rewind (if needed) is done in the end() method.

If this is not possible, then I would like to know how many events are saved into the file. So that in the processEvent(LCEvent*) I can add a isLastEvent() block. Is this information available somewhere?

Another question, again related with the end() and/or isLastEvent(). The main outputs of the PedestalNoiseProcessor are just three vectors: one for pedestal, one for noise and the last one for the pixel status. These three vectors are continuously updated during the processing, but their final value is available only at the end of the last loop, so in the end() method. The original idea was to save in the output LCIO file just a collection with three TrackerData objects (a single collection in a single event). The point is that the end() method doesn't have access anymore to the LCEvent. I should do it in the processEvent(LCEvent*) but only for the last event.

Another possibility is to store the three vectors into a "Condition" file, but I still have to better investigate this opportunity.

What do you think about?

Thanks in advance for your reply...

Cheers, Antonio

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message