Linear Collider Forum

Home » Software Tools » org.lcsim » Cheater example
Re: Cheater example [message #778 is a reply to message #777] Mon, 02 April 2007 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
tonyj

bjasper wrote on Sat, 31 March 2007 21:18

We were trying to run it on a file simulated using the cdcaug05 geometry. Some data files (run with other geometries) caused cheater to complain about conditions, but I get no such warning from cdcaug05.

You are right, it seems to run with CDCAUG05 data but produces no histograms. We will try to look into it further.

Quote:

So the question is then, isn't supposed to work on any currently simulated data, why is it included as an example?

The org.lcsim package contains many algorithms, which may require their own set of conditions. Not all algorithms have been tuned to work with all detector configurations, so you may run into problems like this, especially with user supplied algorithms like the ReconCheater.

Quote:

Here is the situation that I'm in. We are running simulations with SLIC and LELAPS. I want to reconstruct the data. What should I use? I've been hitting my head against the wall for so long trying to figure this out... Currently, I've been using JAS3 and org.lcsim, trying to run this cheater example (with no success). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

There is no one answer to the question of which algorithms you should use for reconstruction. We would need to know what you are trying to achieve. I would suggest posting a message here, or attending one of the Tuesday LCD software meetings and asking there.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:org.lcsim frequently asked questions
Next Topic:Calling a method from another file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Feb 16 19:26:20 Pacific Standard Time 2020
.:: Contact :: Home ::.