Linear Collider Forum

Home » General » ILC Detector Roadmap » Charater of Research Director
Charater of Research Director [message #872] Thu, 24 May 2007 06:06
yhitoshi
Dear all,

I would like to express my opinion about the character of the Research Director.
Since this is a single person who works nearly full time on this task, it may seem
that this peson will have a huge power to shape the organization the detector/physics community. To some extent, it may be true, but there are already 'horizontal' collaborations such as LCTPC, CALICE, SiLC etc., and it would not be a good idea to dismantle these organization. So there will be limit to how much the
R&D organization can be changed even though I think the horizontal efforts need to be reinforced rather than discouraged for the near future through the formation of proto-collaborations. Also, there are already concepts now, and then LOI and associated proto-collaborations, and Research Director should deal with them as they are. So, the role of Research Director is a highly-diplamatic facilitator, even through he/she can be a strong leader as such.

Best

- Hitoshi

Read Message
Previous Topic:document summarizing the preliminary views of the WWS co-chairs on a possible roadmap for detectors
Next Topic:Two and only two EDRs?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jan 22 23:54:42 Pacific Standard Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.