Linear Collider Forum

Home » Software Tools » Marlin et al » LCCD: creating folder inside folder with data -> Crash
LCCD: creating folder inside folder with data -> Crash [message #1894] Fri, 04 December 2009 06:52
ralf
Hi,

I found a small, possible bug in LCCD which I stumbled across while testing a new processor who writes data in the conditions database:

I had made a folder (in this example: "/desy/meditpc/test/pedestals") in the database with some condition objects stored in it.
After that I wanted to store some more conditions and set the folder to a sub-folder of the previous one (more or less by accident): "/desy/meditpc/test/pedestals/new"

If I do this, I get the following output and the program crashes with the following message:

[ VERBOSE "PedestalCalculation"] DBInterface::init: folder does not exist, creating folder /desy/meditpc/test/pedestals/new
[ VERBOSE "PedestalCalculation"]  A runtime error has occured : This folder cannot be created as this folder name exists already
[ VERBOSE "PedestalCalculation"] *** in file: ../../CondDBMySQL/src/CondFolderMgr.cxx line: 160
[ VERBOSE "PedestalCalculation"]  the program will have to be terminated - sorry.

This is not a serious constraint (at least not for me). I just wanted to mention it in case this is not the intended behaviour - which it sounds like judging from the error messages.

CU, Ralf.

Read Message
Previous Topic:using cernvm to run ILD software
Next Topic:new ilcsoft release v01-08
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 17 02:44:23 Pacific Standard Time 2018
.:: Contact :: Home ::.